In an MEA initiative, IIT Roorkee is recognized as the Indian leader in a consortium of South Asian institutes for collaborative educational programs (CEP). The following are the partner institutes:
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (HCMUT), Vietnam
- Yokohama National University (YNU), Japan
- Yangon Technological University (YTU), Myanmar
- JFE Steel Corporation (JFE), Japan
- Royal University of Bhutan (RUB), Bhutan
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR), India
- University of Peradeniya (UOP), Sri Lanka
This consortium is coordinated by HCMUT and funded by JICA for AUN/SEED-Net. We signed the agreement in August 2020 for Linkage-related activities among the members of CEP consortium. As a kick-off event, a virtual meeting is being organized on November 4, 2020 to discuss a collaborative master’s program in the field of Civil Engineering, specifically on Construction Management. Further on the same day, a seminar on topic “Construction Management – A New Approach in the New Era” in the framework of CEP is organized in which all the member university participated.
Each member university representative showcased their university academic profile and collaborations via presentations. Following are IITR faculty participant for the event:
- Prof. Sanjay K. Ghosh, Head of Department, Civil Engineering
- Prof. Bhupinder Singh, Civil Engineering
- Prof. Avlokita Agarwal, Architecture and Planning
- Prof. U.K. Roy, Architecture and Planning
- Prof. Umesh Sharma, Civil Engineering
- Prof. E. Rajasekar, Architecture and Planning
- Prof. Shubhankar Roy Chowdhury, Civil Engineering
- Prof. Arindam Biswas, Architecture and Planning
- Prof. P. Arumugam, Dean of International Relations, and Professor of Physics
During the seminar a research output was delivered by Prof. Bhupinder Singh (Professor, Civil Engineering Department, IITR) on “Statistical Quality Control of Concrete”.
The major key points under this consortium have been decided during the meeting which are as follows:
- Joint guest lectures sessions will be arranged via virtual background. The professors from universities in MCM CEP and South Asia will share knowledge and experiences in any related fields (construction management, civil engineering, etc.) to students of other universities.
- Joint seminar/symposium/conference will be conducted virtually/onsite.
- Students from RUB, IITR and UOP can receive the full scholarship to pursue their master degree in construction management at HCMUT. Besides, RUB, IITR and UOP can also involve in all activities as the current implementing model of MCM CEP.
- A new program with the involvement from MCM CEP members and South Asian partners shall be proposed. The program concept will be discussed by all sides
- Through the involvement in MCM CEP, South Asian partners can set up the bilateral or multilateral cooperation with members of MCM CEP including HCMUT, YNU, YTU and JFE.
Program Coordinator: Nguyen Thi Pho (Ms.), External Relations Office, HCMUT, Vietnam