Two delegates from India-Korea Center for Research and Innovation (IKCRI) visited IIT Roorkee to explore the potential partnerships with the institute’s various departments. Meetings with several departments were scheduled by the International Relations (IR) Office.
The delegation’s visit involved a board room meeting with the Director- of IIT Roorkee, deans, HoD, and other faculty members of IIT Roorkee. The participants from IIT Roorkee included Prof. Ajit K Chaturvedi (Director), Prof. Mukesh Kumar Barua (Dean of Students’ welfare), Mr. Manish Anand (CEO, i-HUB), Prof. Gopinath Packiriswamy (Head of Center for Nanotechnology), Prof. Indra Vir Singh (Mechanical & Industrial Engr.), Assoc. Prof. Pooja Garg (Humanities and Social Sciences), Asst. Prof. Bhaskar Jyoti Deka (Hydrology). Discussions were about ongoing collaborative projects with Korea and how to bridge the gap between India and Korea.
Later a meeting was held in the International Relations (IR) Office with Executive officers, deans, faculty members, and delegates.
The delegation’s visit included interaction meetings with various departments and R & D Centers of IIT Roorkee.
Here are the details of the two-day interactive meetings:
September 21-22, 2022
- i-HUB hosted by Mr. Manish Anand (CEO, i-HUB)
- Mahatma Gandhi Central Library hosted by Dr. C Jayakumar (Librarian).
- A joint interaction session with professors from the department of ECE and CSE was hosted by Prof. N.P. Pathak (HoD-ECE) and Prof. Sugata Gangopadhyay (HoD-CSE).
- Center for Nanotechnology hosted by Prof. Gopinath Packiriswamy (Head- Center for Nanotechnology) and other faculty members of the department
- Biosciences and Bioengineering hosted by Prof. Pavindra Kumar (Head- Biosciences, and Bioengineering) and other faculty members of the department
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering hosted by Prof. Andallib Tariq (HoD) and other faculty members of the department.
- Hydrology was hosted by Prof. Brijesh Kumar Yadav (HoD) and other faculty members of the department.
- Humanities and Social Sciences hosted by Prof. Barua and other faculty members of the department
Dr. Y. J. Park and Mr. Hyo Hee Lee expressed their gratitude to the Director, Deans, and other faculty members and to the International Relations (IR) Office for their hospitality at IIT Roorkee and promised to keep working together to strengthen their cooperation and look for new opportunities for future collaborations.