The following list comprises different schemes under Government of India.
1. International S&T Cooperation: A bilateral collaboration through Department of Science and Technology
The Science & Technology International Cooperation Division of DST has the mandated responsibility of (i) negotiating, concluding and implementing S&T Agreements between India and other countries; (ii) providing interventions on S&T aspects in international forums.
2. Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC)
The Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC) aims at improving the research ecosystem of India’s Higher Educational Institutions by facilitating academic and research collaborations between Indian Institutions and the best institutions in the world from 28 selected nations to jointly solve problems of national and/or international relevance.
3. Visiting Advanced Joint Research (VAJRA)
Faculty Scheme is a dedicated program exclusively for overseas scientists and academicians with emphasis on Non-resident Indians (NRI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) to work as adjunct / visiting faculty for a specific period of time in Indian Public funded academic and research institutions. SERB welcomes accomplished Overseas Scientists to take up challenging research problems in the Indian setting.
4. Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN)
Govt. of India approved a new program titled Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) in Higher Education aimed at tapping the talent pool of scientists and entrepreneurs, internationally to encourage their engagement with the institutes of Higher Education in India so as to augment the country's existing academic resources, accelerate the pace of quality reform, and elevate India's scientific and technological capacity to global excellence.
5. ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AIRTF) Scheme @ IIT Roorkee
The ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AIRTF) Scheme funding program has been initiated by DST, Govt. of India with ASEAN India S&T Development Fund (AISTDF), with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), as their implementation partner to promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the ASEAN-Member Countries to India to work at any of the Indian research/academic Institution for 2-6 months.
The following list comprises some agencies where the applications are received directly. For these and other agencies, the applicants shall consult our office in case of any support needed.
- Duo-India Fellowship Programme
- Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI), Canada
- UK-India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI)
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) German Academic Exchange Service
- Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC), France
- Centre Franco-Indien pour la Promotion de la Recherche Avancée (CEFIPRA) Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR/ CEFIPRA)
- Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
Limited support is available through schemes managed by the Dean of Resources and Alumni Affairs
The following list comprises travel awards for Indian Researchers. The applicants shall consult our office in case of any support needed.
- Limited support is available through schemes managed by the Dean of Resources and Alumni Affairs
- Support available through external agencies
Foreign Nationals (other than PIOs and NRIs) can be appointed as a faculty for fixed tenure not exceeding five years on contract basis. It can be extended before the expiry of the contract. Click here to apply
Appointments may be made at the levels of Visiting Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor.
Tenure: Initially up to 2 years, extendable by one year. Every visit to the institute should be of at least one month duration.
Application Procedure: Nomination by a Head of department or a faculty member of the institute.
Emoluments: (i) A consolidated pay per month to be decided by the standing committee subject to a maximum of Rs. 3.0 lacs per month, (ii) A contingency grant of Rs. 1.0 lac per annum pro rata, for every stay of one semester, or more.
Facilities: Office, free accommodation In Visiting Faculty Apartments and available medical benefits.
Leave: Leave at the rate of 3 days per month may be accumulated for the period of stay in the institute.
For detailed institute guidelines click here
Other Job Openings
Please click here for jobs openings
Please click here for online application.